Companies, private capital funds, banks, and attorneys operating across the numerous sectors of the energy industry frequently encounter difficulties that are influenced by its volatile nature. In addition to market, performance, and strategy challenges that regularly arise, this industry is also subject to unique financial reporting and taxation requirements. In many instances, complex and sometimes contradictory regulations can lead to complicated commercial litigation, particularly when commodities, mergers & acquisitions (M&A), derivative instruments, financial analysis, investment returns, and valuations are critical components of the case.
Great American’s (GA) Energy Team draws on a rare combination of industry, banking, consulting, and government experience. We have earned our reputation for expertise in machinery & equipment (M&E), M&A, and commodity derivatives over the 40 years that we have been servicing this field.
Our expertise applies to all aspects of the commodity and energy complex, including:
- Commodity Hedge Funds
- Oilfield Services & Equipment
- Energy Technology and Intellectual Property
- Distributed Energy Resources and Generation
- Energy Trading & Marketing, Risk Management, and Settlements
- LNG Projects (includes economic feasibility models)
- Oil and Gas – Upstream and Midstream
- Power Generation, Transmission, & Distribution
- Downstream-Refined Products & Specialty Chemicals
- Renewable Energy Projects
Whether you need transaction, litigation, or valuation services or leadership advisory, clients in the energy industry can depend on superior service and results from GA.